Friday, March 5, 2010

Nothin’ but blue skies…

Well, the crappy weather we’ve been having in the northeast seems to be giving us a break, and we’re supposed to have a really nice weekend! So in honor of that…

rainbow-skies

Ha! Bet you thought you’d seen the last of that paper from the MME Love Me Do collection. But I love those clouds, and I’ll keep finding ways to use it until it’s all gone!

This card uses stamps from Unity’s February kit called, appropriately enough, Nothing But Blue Skies. To dress it up a little, I cut a cloud using a Quickutz die out of a scrap of shimmery cardstock (but of course you can’t see the shimmer in the photo – trust me, it looks cool!) and popped it up with foam dots.

The panel with the rainbow is actually white. After I stamped and colored the rainbow, I used some Eclipse Masking Tape to mask it, and then used a Copic marker with my airbrush to spray the sky. This left the clouds white (yes, there is another cloud under the die-cut one).

I freehand-cut the green rolling hills and ran them through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. The squares, both plain and scalloped, are cut with Nestabilities dies.

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

CMsignature

No comments: