Friday, August 5, 2011

Let’s play catch-up

I’ve been stamping a lot, but not blogging a lot. Need to do something about that, since I do enjoy sharing my creations (even if the inspiration for them is often liberally borrowed from others). No excuse except for laziness, I suppose, and the fact that I don’t feel very chatty. So I decided that the answer, at least for the time being, is to set out to just post pictures of the stuff, and not put pressure on myself to be witty or verbose, and just see what develops.

There were a lot of friends’ birthdays in July and I realized I never posted pictures of the cards. Sadly, not all of these friends actually got cards. Blame it on Facebook.

So let’s start the game of catch-up with a couple of the cards that actually got made and mailed.

scrolled-bdayThis was for my wonderful friend Kate (owner of i {heart} papers). Paper is from the For the Record collection kit, stamps are Technique Tuesday’s Stamping in Circles, and I used one of the Spellbinders fancy tags set for the scrolled medallion piece. I loved how it coordinated so well with the paper and stamp design! I colored in the white space on the circle thingie with a Copic marker to make it match the paper better. What I forgot is that Kate is not fond of red. Sorry!

jackie-irisNext up was my friend Jackie’s birthday. Jackie loves purple. This I remember because I do too. I used a stamp from the Stained Glass set by Flourishes, and paper from the Memory jackie-iris-copicsBox Enchanted 6x6 pack. I had fun with my Copic markers with this one. I even remembered to take a picture of which ones I used. Hmm, I see that I missed a couple. Sorry!

OK, I think I’ve used up my word quota for this post. Hopefully there will be more later. Words, I mean. And posts.

Later,

CMsignature

No comments: