Sunday, October 12, 2008

New header, new template!

OK, I'm feeling my way around this blog setup thing, and decided I needed to overhaul the look sooner rather than later. The header is actually a picture I took out my living room window about a year and a half ago. It was the end of April, and the leaves on the tree behind the building were just coming out. I'm on the 6th floor of a 12 story building, so that gives you an idea of how BIG that tree was.

Little did I know at that time that a tornado would sweep through Brooklyn (can you believe it?!!) 4 months later and take the top of that tree right off.
I don't mind saying that I don't miss the top of that tree! It was starting to obscure my view of Manhattan. I can actually see the Empire State Building from my living room, and on the Fourth of July, I can see the Macy's fireworks over the East River (although it's pretty far away and you see more on TV).

And while we're talking about pictures, let me just mention that my photo in the sidebar is not terribly recent — it was taken about 8 or so years ago. But I like it, and I don't think I've changed that much since then!

Now I have to start finding some actual crafty stuff to start posting.

Later!

No comments: