Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful


Every year for Thanksgiving, at least for the past 4 or 5 years, I've made some kind of table favor — filled with chocolate, of course! This year I used Beate's Triangle Box Tutorial on SCS for my favors. 15 of them, to be exact.

I started with Pumpkin Pie CS, cut to 4" x 8" and rolled it with Stampin' Up!'s Forever Flowers wheel with Creamy Caramel ink and tied them with chocolate taffeta ribbon. Mmmmm! Sounds delicious, doesn't it? Pumpkin Pie, caramel, chocolate... tasty stuff!

I used PaperTrey's First Fruits for the decoration, cutting with the new Nestibilities Labels 2 die that I got from i {heart} papers, and using the die as a mask while sponging with More Mustard (just killed the dessert image, didn't I?) ink. The acorn is stamped with Close to Cocoa and Pumpkin Pie ink, and Thankful is stamped with Chocolate Chip. You can see from the picture that I needed to re-ink my Close to Cocoa pad halfway through the batch.

These little boxes hold 4 mini Reese's peanut butter cups perfectly. Sweet!

Edited to note: I actually used 2 different types of ribbon to tie these with. The kind shown in the photo above is actually some shimmery brown American Crafts ribbon I had on hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, glad to see that you came up with something for the Thanksgiving table.... :) they look great! Susan

Lydia Fiedler said...

Absolutely GREAT!!!!

TFS!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love your style. Adding you to my reader this instant!!

PS - I was born in upstate NY and went to college there. Miss it the most in the fall..