Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy-o!

DSC00981Today is my sweet Daddy-o’s birthday. He truly appreciates the cards I make. He’s an engineer, so he looks really closely at them to try to figure out how I did everything, and then when he sees me he asks for details! So every card I make for him, I try to make a little better than the last. Oh, the pressure!!!

Anyhow, making masculine cards is always incredibly difficult for me, so gender-neutral is usually about the best I can do. I was itching to use my new Up, Up and Away set from PTI, and this was the perfect occasion. I LOVED the way Maile Belles used the negative space for the clouds, so I took her idea and raised it by one layer. I wanted to use felt for the top layer of clouds, but I didn’t have any – I did, however, have some white fun foam. I absolutely love how it this card came out!

dadBD10 Sorry if the photo looks a little washed out. I had to take the picture quickly and get it into the mail! I hope he got it today.

I paper-pieced the balloons, and punched the border, from papers in the s.e.i. Jocelyn pad. The greeting is from the PTI set Signature Greetings.

Hope YOUR day is fabulous!

CMsignature

1 comment:

i {heart} papers said...

Adorable! Love the negative clouds!