Thursday, May 20, 2010

Many Thanks

delovely-TYset

When I got my box of goodies from Kate at i {heart} papers this week, one of the things I couldn’t wait to play with was the new Cosmo Cricket DeLovely papers. The bright, summery colors and clean designs were just what I needed.

I’ve noticed crafters using their Cricut cutters to cut out words for their cards and scrapbook pages. While this is very cool, I do not own a Cricut, and probably never will. (I know, shocker – a toy I don’t have and don’t think I even need.) But I seemed to remember that one of the alphabet sets (I think it’s called Olivia) that I bought for my Cuttlebug way back when I first got it, had a few words in it. So I dug it out and sure enough, there was “thanks”. Perfect! I would make a set of bright and cheery thank you cards with my new papers. The nice thing about using the die-cut words is that they have enough substance to stand out on even the brightest, busiest papers, as you can see here.

Since I could get 2 cards out of each 6x6 sheet of paper, I made a set of 6. I changed up the layouts a bit for the different papers. Just because I could. Here are pictures of the individual cards, in case you want to see better:

delovelyTYfloral

delovelyTYpink 

delovelyTYyellow

Of course, I had to add some butterflies. I’m hopelessly addicted to butterflies these days! And of course the butterflies needed some bling. I had some Hero Arts rhinestones that came with 4 colors in the pack. I used the fuchsia ones on the bottom card, but for the others I used my black Copic marker to color some clear ones. I love being able to do that – have perfectly matching accents in seconds!

The stamped greetings all come from the OCL set Big Thanks. And the strips are not ribbon – just 1/4” strips of cardstock.

OK, I have the day off again today, so I’m gonna try and take a little walk on this gorgeous day, and maybe make something to show you tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!

CMsignature

1 comment:

LorettaL said...

Oh, you got a gooder package there!!!! Fabulous stuff, carolyn!