Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IHP May Challenge: CASEing Kimberly

As you may be aware, the uber-talented Kimberly Crawford just came out with her own line of photopolymer stamps called Mint Motif, available exclusively through i {heart} papers. To pay homage to this exciting and remarkable achievement, the IHP Design Team was challenged to select one of the many awesome cards on her blog and use it as inspiration for our own.

Now, what I realized when I sat down to tackle this is that the real challenge was picking just one! It soon became clear that a huge percentage of the cards I have been inspired by, whether in blogs or in magazines, have been created by Kimberly. Since I don’t have her new stamps yet (waiting not-so-patiently for mine to come in the mail) I finally settled on this one, from back in March. I loved how she combined the two patterned papers (I do love my patterned papers!), and I love having a way to showcase a special embellishment.

IHPmayDT For my card, I used papers from the BG Green at Heart 6x6 pad, and one of the pretty ivory tulle butterflies from IHP. I used a Copic marker (V04) to color it to match the paper. I airbrushed the sentiment panel with YG21 and YG23 while it was still in the rectangle Nestabilities to pick up the greens in the paper as well.

Please go check out the rest of the design team to see what inspiration they’ve gleaned from Kimberly’s creativity. 

If you’d like to play along and CASE one of Kimberly’s cards too, please let us know. If you post it to one of the online galleries, you can use the keyword ihp0510 so we can find it.

What I used:
Stamps:
All Occasions Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink: Plum Pudding (
PTI), Copic markers V04, YG21, YG23
Paper:
PTI White, BG Green at Heart 
Other: Rectangle & Labels Two
Nestabilities, tulle butterfly, linen thread 

CMsignature

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Adorable Carolyn. It was hard to pick a project to CASE...they are ALL inspiring, but yours if awesome. Fun colors and that netted butterfly is fantastic.

Megan said...

That little butterfly is totally darling. I love how simple it is and it fits together for a great card!

Deb said...

Hehe! It WAS hard to choose, so I picked two and I used Green at Heart also! ;) This little butterfly is SO perfect for this paper. Love your card...you're makin' me still really want that airbrush!

LorettaL said...

Carolyn, this is WONDERFUL!!! Showcasing that little butterfly is BRILLIANT!

i {heart} papers said...

So pretty! YOu're really on a butterfly kick lately! :)

Gretchen said...

Oh man that butterfly is awesome!! Love that BG paper too!

Cathleen said...

What a beautiful card Carolyn, I love the colors and paper, and your butterfly is just the sweetest!

Kendra said...

That turned out super pretty!

whoistracy said...

This is beautiful! I love how you colored the butterfly- what a great idea.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, Carolyn!! Your card is SO gorgeous!!!! I LOVE the airbrushing and the butterfly!!
Thank you SO much for all your kind words!!!!!
((((((HUGS)))))

Lori said...

This is beautiful, Carolyn! Love the perfectly coordinated butterfly and the combination of patterned papers.